Santula (Mix Vegetable curry with Milk)
- 50 gm brinjal
- 50 gm potato (alu)
- 50 gm ridge-gourd
- 50 gm raw papaya (kancha
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 7-8 cloves garlic (chopped) (kata
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger (chhecha
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3-4 green chilies
- 2 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1 cup of boiled milk (sijha
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the vegetables into medium sizes.
- Boil the vegetables in a cooking pan by adding salt to it.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onions, grated ginger and chopped garlic cloves, green chilies and fry till it all becomes golden brown.
- Then add boiled vegetables and stir properly.
- Add the milk and put the flame in simmer level for about 2-3 minutes.
- Santula is ready to serve.
Note: It can be served with either rice or
chapatti. It is also considered a great diet for people suffering from several ailments, due to
its high vegetable content, absence of hot spices, and minimal oil content.