Idli (rice powder cake)
- 200 gm Rice (grind and prepare a fine paste)
- 100 gm Dal (grind and prepare a fine paste)
- A pinch of baking soda
- Salt according to taste
- 2-tablespoonful mustard oil
- 100 ml of Water
- First mix the rice & dal paste with salt.
- Keep the mixture with cover for 6 hours in a hot place .
- After 6 hours take the mixture and again mix with baking soda & water.
- Make a thick batter.
- Grease the Idli-maker plates with oil & fill with the idli batter.
- Heat the water in a pressure cooker.
- Place the idli-stand in cooker and cover it (Place the lid without the whistle).
- After 20 minutes turn cooker remove from heat and place it for cooling.
- Take out the idlies from idli-stand with knife and keep aside.
- Serve Idli with Sambar