Matey Alu Dalna (a recipe of white yam)
- 250 gm White yam (wash & cut into medium cubes)
- 100 gm Chana (soaked into water overnight)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1-teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- 2 cup of water
- Boil the chana & drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, give bay leaf and cumin seeds for sauté.
- Add white yam and fry well until light brown.
- Add pre boiled chana & ginger paste and fry well.
- Give turmeric, chilli powder, salt and sugar according to taste.
- Add water and cook it in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick add garam masala.
- Enjoy the dish with Plain
rice, Roti or Paratha.