Chingri Machher Malaikari (Prawn with coconut
and mustard sauce)
- 6 pieces of dressed Prawns
- 2 tablespoon Rai
- 1/2 coconut (grated)
- 4 green chili
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt according to taste
- At first wash the prawn properly.
- Marinate prawn with small amount of salt & turmeric powder.
- Grind all the spices (Rai, green chili, coconut, turmeric powder) & keep aside.
- Pour the grind spices in a bowl and place the prawn in it.
- Add salt according to taste & sprinkle one tablespoon of mustard oil.
- Heat some water in an open lid pan & place the bowl with a tight cover.
- Take out the bowl from hot water and leave for 15 min.
Malaikari is prepared. Serve it hot with plain