Til Pitha (Sesame Cake)
- 500 gm sticky rice (soaked in water for 3-4 hours)
- 200 gm black sesame seeds
- 400 gm jaggery (grated)
- Orange rind as per taste
- Drain the rice water, dry it and make a fine powder and keep in a
- Wash the sesame seeds properly and dry it.
- Roast the sesame seeds in shiimer and keep aside.
- Mix the roasted sesame seeds with grated jaggery and orange rind.
- Heat the non-stick frying pan, take a handful of rice powder and spread
thinly in round shape.
- Sprinkle the sesame mixture on the pitha and fold in half.
- Turn over the another side of pitha for crisp, turn once.
- Serve Til pitha hot.
- It can be stored fresh for 2 weeks