Mung pulse Cake (mung puli)
- 200 gm mung
- 1/2 cup of
- 2 cups of grated
- 1 cup of date palm
- 1 cup of water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat the pan and roast the mung pulses & boil it with minimum water (for
make a dough).
- Kneed a tight dough with pre-boiled mung and rice powder & keep aside.
- Make stuffing with grated coconut and date palm.
- Cook it in a medium flame, when it becomes thick and dense, turn of the
- Make a medium sized balls from the dough and make it like a bowl.
- These bowl’s stuffed with coconut mixture and close the open portion and
give the shape
of half moon.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry all the moon shaped cakes.
- Mung pulse cakes are ready to serve.