Kalakand (Milk Burfi)
- 2 liter Milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped pistachio
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp. citric acid (dissolved in 1/2 cup of water)
- Silver foil (optional)
- Boil half the milk and add the citric solution as it comes to boil.
- Switch off gas.
- Once the chenna settles sieve through muslin cloth,
press out excess water, take in a plate and press down.
- Do not knead.
- Put the remaining milk in a heavy pan and boil to half.
- Add the chenna and boil till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook, stirring all the while till softly
thickens in a lump.
- Set in a tray, apply silver foil and sprinkle the chopped nuts.