Gulab Jamun is a popular Indian Sweet. It’s mouth-watering taste, shape and colour attracts all the people. In every occasion, be it
Marriage ceremony or Birthday ceremony or any other Festival Gulab Jamun is a compulsory sweets. So you can prepare tasty and delicious Gulab Jamun with help of this recipe and Surprise your family.
For Sugar Syrup:
- Make the dough with the milk powder, flour, butter, add just enough whole milk to make a medium-hard dough.
- Divide the dough into 18-20 portions and make smooth balls by gently rolling each portion between your palms.
- Place the balls on a plate and cover with a wet muslin cloth.
- Heat the oil on high flame and then lower the heat to medium.
- One by one add the balls into the hot oil from the side of the pan.
- They will sink to the bottom of the pan, but do not try to move them.
- Instead, gently shake the pan to keep the balls from deep browning on just one side.
- After 5 min, the balls will rise to the surface.
- The Gulab Jamuns should rise slowly to the top, if the temperature is appropriate.
- Now they must be gently and constantly agitated to ensure even browning on all sides.
- If the temperature of the oil is too high then the gulab jamuns will tend to break.
- So adjust the temperature to ensure that the gulab jamuns do not break or cook too quickly.
- The balls must be fried very slowly under medium heat.
- This will ensure complete cooking from inside and even browning.
- The syrup should be made earlier and kept warm.
- To make the hot sugar syrup add mix the 2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of water.
- Add 4-5 cardamom pods, slightly crushed and a few strands of saffron.
- Mix with a spoon and then heat at medium heat for 5-10 minutes until sugar is all dissolved in water (do not overheat, that will caramelize the sugar).
- Transfer this hot syrup into a serving dish (keep warm on stove).
- Add the fried gulab jamuns directly into the warm syrup and leave gulab jamun balls in sugar syrup overnight for best results.
- Serve the Soft, Juicy Gulab Jamun hot or cold.