Chana Dal Burfi (Sweet)
- 250 gm Chana Dal
- 250 gm Sugar
- 100 gm khoya kheer
- 1 cup of Raisins (washed & dried)
- 1 cup of chopped Cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon crashed Cardamom
- 150 gm Ghee
- Boil the chana dal with minimum water, cook until soft but the dal will remain intact in shape.
- Grind the boiled dal in a mixi and make a smooth, tight paste.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, sauté the crashed cardamom and fry it.
- Add sugar and cook until sugar are already melted and becomes thick.
- Add Pre-boiled chana dal paste and stir it continuously (otherwise it will be over cooked).
- Add khoya kheer, raisins, chopped nuts and mix properly.
- Grease a thali with some ghee and pour the mixer on it, let it cool.
- When it is totally cool, cut the diamond shaped pieces with a sharp knife.
- Enjoy with Burfi.