- 1 cup heaped Chick pea (gram) flour
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Cardamom powder, cashew
nuts, saffron, kesar color less than 1/2 pinch,
- Sugar 1 ½ cups
- water ½ cups
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 spoon rice flour
- 1 pinch cooking soda.
- a plate or sieve with small holes
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and boil for 2 min (stir contentiously) .
- Remove from fire and mix cardamom powder, cashew nuts, pistachio, saffron, kesar color and cloves (Fry the cashews, raisins and cloves in little ghee).
- Mix gram flour, rice flour and cooking soda, make a tick batter adding very little water.
- Take the plate or sieve with small holes and check whether the batter falls down as droplets.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Hold the plate above the oil spread the batter so that the batter drops down as small droplets into the oil.
- Stir the the droplets (boondis) until well fried but not crisp . Take away from oil and directly put it in the sugar syrup.
- Keep doing the same till the syrup is full.
- Place the sugar syrup with boondis over medium flame if the syrup has cooled down.
- The boondhi syrup must remain homogeneous it should not be too dry or too damp (If its too dry it means you have added more boondhi, if damp, add more boondhi).
- Make medium sized balls out of the boondhi mixture and the laddoo is ready.