- 100 gm Tuar dal
- 20 gm Chana dal
- 15 gm dal
- 50 gm jaggery (gur)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 25 gm ripe tamarind (make juice without seeds)
- 1/2 cup of coconut (grated)
- 1/2 cup of curry leave
- 1/2 cup of coriander leave
- 2 dried red chilli
- 1-teaspoonful whole coriander
- 1-teaspoonful cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoonful rai (black mustard seeds)
- 1-teaspoonful methi seeds
- 1-teaspoonful turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoonful chilli powder
- A pinch of hing
- 2 tablespoonful ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tablespoonful vegetable oil
- Salt according to taste
- 100 ml of Water
- Heat the oil in pan, give the chana dal & dal and fry it.
- Add coriander, cumin seeds and dried red chilli and stirring it.
- Add grated coconut and fry well.
- Grind all the cooked masala and keep aside.
- Now boil the tuar dal with turmeric, salt & chilli powder in pressure cooker.
- Add masala mixture with dal and mix well .
- Heat the mixed dal with chopped tomato, tamarind juice, few curry & coriander leave and stirring
- Heat the ghee in a pan, give the curry leave, methi, rai and hing for sauté.
- Add chopped onion & fry it lightly.
- Add the pre-heated dal and cook it for 5 min.
- Enjoy the Sambar with Idli, plain dosa, masala dosa.