Poppy fried Prawn (Fried Prawn with Poppy
- 300 gm Prawns (medium size) (dressed & washed and pat dry)
- 50 gm corn flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Marinate the prawns with lemon juice and keep for an hour.
- Make a smooth, tight batter with an egg, corn flour, chili paste, sugar and salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, dip the marinated prawn into batter, wrapped with poppy seeds and deep fry and keep on a paper napkin.
- Fried all prawns in this method.
- Serve hot Fried Prawns with Tomato sauce or Mustard Sauce.