Nimki (a salty preparation)
250 gm flour (maida)
- 1-teaspoon calonji
- 1 pinch of baking soda (soda-bi-carb)
Salt according to taste
- Refined oil for deep frying
- 2 cup water
Take the flour in a big bowl.
- Add calonji, salt, baking soda & mix well.
- Knead a tight dough.
- Divide the dough into some balls.
- Flat the dough balls and cut the flat dough in small rombus shaped thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the thin slices.
- When the dough slices become light brown, keep it in a paper napkin to soak the extra oil.
- When the nimki cool down to room temperature, keep the nimki in a air-tight container.