Dal Puree (Dal stuffed Indian Bread)
- 500 gm white flour (maida)
- 250 gm chana dal (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 tablespoon mustard oil
- Ghee (for frying the puree’s)
- Wash the dal properly, drain the water and grind the dal and make a tight paste.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan, sauté the red chili.
- Add dal paste, ginger paste, chili paste, cumin-coriander powder, sugar and salt and mix it properly.
- When the dal becomes dry and totally cooked, remove from fire.
- Knead the dough with white flour, salt, 1-2 tablespoon of ghee and water.
- Make some medium sized balls from dough, make the hole inside the balls, stuffed with pre-cooked dal paste and make a flat round like puree.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry all the puree’s.
- Serve hot Dal Puree with Dum