Dal-Baati (a dish of Rajasthan)
- Urad dal soaked in water with sodium bicarbonate : ¾ cups
- Soaked rajma beans : 2 cups
- Ginger–garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Chopped onions : 3-4
- Chopped tomatoes : 2-3
- Garam masala powder : 2 ½ tsp
- Red chili powder : 2 tsp
- Chopped green chilies
- Coriander leaves : 10-12
- Ghee : 4 tbsp
- Cream : 2 ½ tbsp
- Mustard oil : ½ cup
- Salt : according to taste
- Pressure cook rajma and urad dal.
- Heat oil in a round vessel. Fry onions till it turns brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry.
- Add rajma beans with all the spices in the fried paste.
- Add some salt to it and blend it well.
- Make a thick paste and pour over ghee and cream.
- Prepare a dough with flour, ghee, curd, salt and little water.
- Make out small soft balls from it and keep for one hour.
- After that roast these balls till puffed.
- It should be golden outside and spongy inside.
- Dip hot dumplings in dal and garnish the dal with coriander leaves and chilies.
- Serve hot.