- 300 gm black
gram (urad or biuli dal) (soak in water over night)
- 500 gm plain curd
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 25 gm cumin seeds (whole)
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of tamarind chutney
- Heat the tawa, roast the cumin seeds and make fine powder.
- Wash the pulses, drain the water and make a fine paste.
- Add baking soda with pulse paste and beat the paste properly
and keep it for 2 hour in room temperature.
- Take curd, cumin-red chili powder, salt & sugar to taste and beat properly.
- Take a big vessel, fill with hot water and mix with 1 teaspoon salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, give two tablespoon of pulse mixture and fry the vada’s.
- When all vada are ready, soak it in salt water for 5 min.
- Squeeze all the vada’s from water and keep it in a plate.
- Sprinkle curd mixture and tamarind chutney on top.
- Enjoy chatpata Dahi vada.