Alu Vada (potato pakora)
- 3-4 Potatoes (wash and cut into thick round slices)
- 200 gm Besan
- A pinch of baking soda (soda-bi-carb)
- A pinch of kalonji
- 1-teaspoon ginger paste
- 1-teaspoon garlic paste
- 1-teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt according to taste
- 2 cup of mustard oil (for deep frying)
- 100 ml water
- Take besan in a big bowl and mix with baking soda.
- Make a thick batter.
- Add chilli powder, kalonji, ginger-garlic paste and salt to taste & mix well with batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan, dip the potato slices in batter and deep fry in a medium flame.
- When the pakoras become brown, keep them in a paper napkin for soak the excess oil.
- Serve the hot pakoras with tomato sauce or dhania