- 500 gm Barramundi fish (dressed, washed and
cut in medium pieces)
- 1 cup of coconut paste
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves paste
- 3-4 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon green chili
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon kalonji
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water
- Marinate the fish pieces with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan, lightly fry the fishes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the kalonji and chopped green chili.
- Add coriander leaves paste, coconut paste, garlic-chili paste and fry it well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt & sugar according to taste and fry all the spices properly.
- Add water and pre-fried fish pieces and cook it for 10-15 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, off the gas.
- Enjoy it with steaming plain