Uchhe Posto (bitter gourd with poppy seeds) (bitter dish)
- 250 gm Uchhe (bitter gourd) (wash & cut into two pieces each)
- 25 gm Posto (poppy seeds) (paste)
- 25 gm Rai (black mustard seeds) (paste)
- 2-3 green chilli (paste)
- 1-teaspoon kalonji
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water
- Heat the oil in a pan and medium fry the Uchhe & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the kalonji.
- Add all the paste (poppy, mustard, chilli) and fry well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste and mix well
- Add pre-fried uchhe and stir in continue.
- Add water and cook it for 10 min in a low flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, stir it properly.
- Enjoy the Uchhe Posto with steaming Plain