- Chicken 250 gms
- tomato 3 (finely chopped)
- bay leaves 2-3
- onions 2 (chopped)
- poppy seeds paste 2 tbsp
- dry red chilli 4-5
- green chilli 3-4
- ginger 1 pc (paste)
- garlic 6-7 pcs (paste)
- turmeric powder to taste
- sugar 1 tsp
- salt & ghee to taste.
- Boil the tomatoes and peel off their skin.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the onions and bay leaves and stir.
- When the colour changes to golden brown add ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder and red chilli and stir well.
- Add the chicken when the mixture smells good.
- Then add salt, sugar and the boiled tomatoes, stir and add water.
- Cover and cook on low flame till the chicken gets fully cooked.
- Then add the poppy seeds paste and stir.
- Garnish with red chillies and serve.