Tilapia fish in mustard sauce
- 4 medium sized tilapia fishes.
- 2 teaspoonfuls of black mustard
- 2 green chili
- 2 teaspoonfuls of haldi
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1 medium sized chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoonfuls of chopped coriander
- Salt as per taste
- Dress the fishes properly and marinate in 1 and 1/2 cup of haldi powder and 1/2 teaspoonful salt. Keep it for 5 minutes.
- Then fry the fishes in low flame for 3-4 minutes with 1 cup of mustard oil. Keep the fried fish aside. The remaining mustard should be kept for later part of the preparation.
- Soak the black mustard seeds in 1/2 cup of water for 5 minutes then grind it finely to make thick paste.
- Heat the remaining mustard oil and add 2 green chillis with chopped tomato
- When tomato and green chillies become moderately fried, add the mustard paste with 1 cup of water and salt as per
- When the mixture starts boiling then add the fishes and cook in low flames for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with plain
rice. What a taste !!