Tel koi (koi fish with thick gravy)
- 4 pieces dressed Koi fish (wash & marinated with pinch of turmeric & salt)
- 200 gm tomato (paste)
- 150 gm onion (paste)
- 2-3 green chilli (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon kalonji
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the fishes & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add kalonji & chilli for sauté.
- Add onion paste, tomato paste, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste.
- Fry all the spices properly and then add water.
- Add pre-fried fishes and cook it for 10 min with cover in a medium flame.
- When the gravy becomes juicy & thick, keep it in a big bowl.
- Serve Tel koi with steaming Plain