Tarka Dal/ Tadka Dal
- 250 gm Tarka Dal
- 100 gm chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoon chopped green chili
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 spoonful crushed kastoori methi
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
Salt according to taste
- Boil the dal in a pressure cooker and do not drain the water.
- Mix the Kastoori methi powder with the boiled tarka.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and sauté the bay leaf & add onion.
- When onion become brown add whole amount of chopped spices .
- Add the pre-boiled dal and also add turmeric powder, salt and cooked it for 5 minute.
- Tarka is ready to serve with hot rotis or parathas, green chili and onion.