Steamed Vetki (Vetki Paturi)
- 7-8 fillet of vetki fish (washed)
- 1/2 cup of mustard seeds paste
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- Some medium sized banana leaf
- Marinate the fish fillet with some mustard oil and nijella seeds and keep aside.
- After an hour take marinated fish and again marinate with mustard paste, chili paste, sugar, salt and
mustard oil & keep for an hour.
- Wrap each fish with banana leaf and tie properly with a thread.
- Steam each wrapped fish for 10-12 min or till done.
- Serve hot with steamed Plain