Smashed spicy Brinjal (Baigan ka Bharta)
- 2 big brinjal’s
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 3-4 green chilies (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 5 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves (chopped)
- Divide the brinjal’s in such a way that they will remain attached at the top.
- Grease the brinjal’s with mustard oil.
- Properly roast both side of the brinjal in an oven and keep aside.
- Sprinkle some water on roasted brinjal and peel off the burned skin properly
and keep aside.
- Smash the roasted brinjal’s.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the chopped onion and fry it well.
- Add smashed brinjal, chopped tomato, green chili, chili powder, salt to taste
and cook it properly.
- Keep the brinjal bharta in a plate, sprinkle the coriander leaves on top enjoy
with Roti or Paratha’s.