Shasa-chingri torkari (a dish is cucumber with prawn)
- 500 gm cucumber (chopped)
- 2 potatoes ( cut into medium pieces)
- 150 gm dressed prawn (medium size)
- 1-bay leaf
- 1-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoon chilli
- 1-teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-teaspoon coriander
- 1-teaspoon ginger paste
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1-tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/2-cup water
- 1-tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the prawn & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add bay-leaf and cumin seeds & ginger paste for
- Add potato & fry it until light brown, then add cucumber & stir continue.
- Add turmeric, coriander, cumin powder, salt & sugar to taste and mix well.
- Add pre-fried prawn & water and cook it 10 min with cover.
- Open the cover and stir the dish properly.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves.
- The shasa-chigri is ready to serve with plain steamed rice.