Sarson Ka Sag (a dish of Punjab)
- 1 kg Sarson (mustard greens), chopped finely
- 1/4 kg Spinach, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cm piece ginger, minced
- 2 Green Chilies, minced
- 2 Red Chilies
- 2 tbsp. Gram Flour, sieved
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- Ghee 1/2 of
- Salt to taste
- Boil both the greens till soft. Remove excess water and mash the leafy
vegetables well and reserve.
- Heat 4-tbsp ghee and add ginger, garlic, green chilies and broken red chilies.
- When the masala has been browned, add the mashed sagas and salt.
- Mix the gram flour in a little water and add to the saag.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve, topped with a spoon of butter, with Makki (maize flour) ki Roti.