Ingredients of Rasam Powder:
- 4 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoon cumin seeds (whole)
- 4 tablespoon coriander
- 10-12 dried red chili
- 4 tablespoon vegetables oil
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté mustard seeds (after crackles the seeds).
- Add cumin, coriander seeds, red chili and fry all the spices properly.
- Ground the spices and make a fine Rasam powder.
Ingredients of Rasam:
- 150 gm Tuar dal
- 4 big sized tomato
- 4 tablespoon rasam powder
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (whole)
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seed (whole)
- 1/2 cup of curry leaves
- 1/2 cup of coriander
- 3-4 green chili (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of tamarind pulp
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 4 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 8 cups of water
- Boil the tuar dal with chopped green chili.
- Add tomato, coriander leaves and rasam powder, tamarind pulp, Salt & sugar to taste and boil it again.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and fry it well.
- Add pre-cooked dal mix, turmeric powder and stir it properly and boil for sometime.
- Serve it with Dosa,