Pumpkin Curry (Misti Kumda Chakka)
- 250gm sweet pumpkin (cut in cubes)
- 50 gm dried pulse cakes (vadi/ bori)
- 2-3 green chili
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- Wash the pumpkin cubes, drain the water properly and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry all the pulse cakes till red and keep aside.
- Sauté the nigella seeds, ginger paste and green chili in the oil, that remains after the pulse cake were fried.
- Add pumpkin cubes and fry it well.
- Add turmeric powder, sugar and salt and cook it properly.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook for 10 min with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, add pre-fried pulse cakes and again cook for 4-5 min with cover.
- When the gravy becomes totally dry, stir it properly and remove from gas.
- Serve with Paratha or