- 10 big prawns (dressed & washed)
- 1 big bowl mixed vegetables (cabbage,
carrot, capsicum) (chopped)
- 2 big onion (chopped)
- 100 gm tomato (chopped)
- 4-5 green chili (chopped)
- 1 cup of onion paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1-2 cup of Luke warm water
- Heat the oil in a pan, lightly fry the pre-washed prawns and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the garlic paste and fry it well.
- Add onion-ginger paste, turmeric-chili powder, cumin-coriander powder,
tomato, salt and sugar according to taste.
- Add chopped vegetables and fry it well.
- Add pre-fried prawns and 1-2 cup of Luke warm water and cook it for
10 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes dry and juicy, turn off the gas.
- Serve prawn jhal freji with mixed
fried rice or lemon rice or