Pomfret curry (pomfret fish in mustard sauce)
- 2-3 dressed big pomfret fish (wash & marinate with turmeric powder & salt)
- 2 onion (chopped)
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2-3 tablespoon rai
(black mustard seeds) (paste)
- 1/2 cup of tamarind juice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the fishes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add chopped onion and fry it until brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric-chilli powder, mustard paste and fry the spices properly.
- Add salt, sugar, green chilli and water.
- Add pre-fried fish and cook it in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, add tamarind juice and stir it carefully otherwise the fish will be
broken into pieces.
- Serve the dish with steaming Plain