Phulkopi Vetki (Barramundi fish with cauliflower)
- 4-5 pieces Vetki fish (dressed & wash) (marinate with turmeric powder & salt)
- 1 cauliflower
(cut in medium pieces & soak in warm water)
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 big tomato (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 2 cup of water
- Drain the water & wash the cauliflower properly.
- Heat the oil in a pan and properly fry the cauliflower and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and fry the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the bay leaf & green peas.
- Add cumin-ginger paste, turmeric-chilli powder, tomato, salt & sugar and cook it properly.
- Add pre-fried cauliflowers and cook it well.
- Add water & pre-fried fish and cook it for 10 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, add garam masala powder.
- Enjoy hot Vetki recipe with steaming Plain