Palta-pata, chal kumda teto (a bitter dish of Parwal leaves & wax gourd)
- 500 gm wax gourd
(chal kumda) (wash and chopped)
- 10-12 parwal leaves (palta pata) (washed)
- 100 gm motor dal (dried pea pulse) (soak into hot water overnight)
- 1 teaspoon panch phoran
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 2 cup of water
- Drain the water grind the pulses
- Make a tight paste of pulses and make some vadas.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the vadas then crush them & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add wax gourd and fry it properly.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and cook it in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, place it in a bowl.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, fry the parwal leaves and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add panch phoran for sauté.
- Add pre-cooked wax gourd, sugar to taste, pre-fried parwal leaves and stir it properly.
- Sprinkle the crushed vada on top of the dish and serve with steaming plain