Palang Dal (Lentil with Indian spinach)
- 300 gm Spinach (wash & chopped)
- 200 gm Lentil
- 1-2 dried red chilli
- 1-teaspoon Kalonji
- 2-tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 2-tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 litre of water
- Boil the Lentil in a pressure cooker and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, give kalonji, chilli and garlic for saute.
- Add spinach and fry in a low flame.
- When the spinach becomes soft add pre-boiled dal.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste & stir well.
- Cook it for 5 min in a low flame.
- Enjoy Palang-dal with steaming Plain rice and Palang-bori torkari.