Pabda Delight (Pabda Fish Recipe)
- 4 big sized Pabda fish (dressed & washed)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon whole garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 150 gm mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh green coriander
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the fish till light brown and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the bay leaf, cumin seeds, whole garam masala and green chili and fry it.
- Add chopped tomato, turmeric-chili-cumin powder, sugar, salt and 3-4 tablespoon water and cook the spices properly.
- Add coconut milk, let it boil then add pre-fried fishes and cook for 5-10 min.
- When the gravy becomes thick, sprinkle the ghee on top and remove from fire.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and Serve hot with Plain