Neem patar shukto (bitter dish with neem leaves)
- A bunch of neem leaves (washed)
- 1 big bowl mixed vegetables (potato,
gourd, and drumsticks)
- 50 gm bori (dried pulse cakes)
- 1 teaspoon panch phoran
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon rai
(black mustard seed) paste
- 1 tablespoon poppy
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 2 cup of water
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the dried pulse cakes, crushed them and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the neem leaves and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mixed vegetables and fry it properly.
- Add turmeric powder, mustard paste, poppy seed paste, salt & sugar to taste.
- Add water and cook it in a medium flame with cover.
- When the vegetables are prepared, place it in a big bowl.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add panch phoran and ginger paste for sauté.
- Add pre-cooked vegetables, pre-fried neem leaves and stir it properly.
- Starting meal with Neem patar shukto.