Narkel jhingga chingri ( Ribbed gourd & prawn with coconut)
- 500 gm ribbed gourd (wash and cut in big pieces)
- 200 gm prawn (dressed & wash)
- 2 big potato (cut in small cubes)
- 2 cup of grated coconut
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 5 tablespoon mustard oil
- A cup of water (if needed)
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the prawns lightly with a pinch of
turmeric powder and salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the bay leaf and add ribbed gourd and fry properly.
- Add potato and fry with gourd.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger-chilli paste, grated coconut, salt, sugar and cook it properly.
- Add pre-fried prawns and 2-3 tablespoon of water and cook it in a low flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes dry, keep it in a plate.
- Serve ribbed gourd & prawn with coconut.