Narkel Dudh Ilish (Hilsha fish in coconut milk gravy)
- 500 gm dressed Hilsha fish cut in big sized pieces
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 chopped onion
- 1 onion paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (powder)
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- 50 gm ghee (clarified butter)
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the chopped onion.
- Add onion paste, ginger-chilli paste and fry the spices properly.
- Add coconut milk, salt and sugar & mix properly.
- Add fish pieces and cook it for 10-15 min in a low flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, sprinkle the garam masala powder.
- Enjoy the recipe with plain