Mutton Kassa (Mutton in thick gravy)
Mutton Kassa (Mutton in thick & spicy gravy)
- Marinate the mutton pieces in whole amount of yogurt, salt, and a little amount of mustard oil for
at least one hour. Never use turmeric at this stage otherwise the mutton will remain uncooked.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add green chilies, bay leaves and the chopped onion and fry in low flame.
- When the onions become soft and light golden in color, add ginger garlic paste with a pinch of salt.
- Prepare a paste beforehand mixing the whole amount of turmeric and red chili powder with water and add it just after adding ginger garlic paste, otherwise the ginger will be overcooked and bitter.
- Cook the mixture for 5 min in low flame.
- Add the mutton and salt (according to taste). Cook it in low flame until the mutton becomes soft.
- Add the chopped tomato and a spoonful garam masala and cook it in high flame
- When the mixture becomes dry, add a cup of water with a pinch of salt
- Cook for 5 min in high flame (if you like you can add a pinch of sugar)
- Mutton Kassa is prepared now! You can enjoy it with plain rice or
roti or paratha.
It is advisable to take raita with mutton kassa, because like chicken kassa, it is a spicy dish and raita will sooth your palate and will help in digestion.
Leave a Reply