Murighantar dal (Dal with crushed fish head)
- Take a little mustard oil on a frying pan or kadai and saute the whole amount of mung dal till golden in low flame.
- Boil the fried daal, mix ginger, green chili and cumin paste in it and keep aside.
- Crush the head of the fish and deep fry it in mustard oil and keep aside. Do not drain the remaining mustard oil. Keep it in the same frying pan.
- Heat the oil and drop tejpatta and dry chili in it
- When the chili becomes black, turn the flame low and pour the whole amount of dal in oil
6.Add salt according to taste.
- Boil it and stir it occasionally until the dal becomes thick
- Add garam masala
- Murighantar dal is prepared now. Enjoy it with rice and with a few drops of nimbu