Murgi Posto (Chicken with Poppy seeds)
- 500 gm chicken (dressed & washed)
- 1/2 cup of dried coconut (grated)
- 25 gm poppy seeds
- 2-3 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 150 gm onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 bay-leaf
- A cup of mustard oil
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Make a fine paste with dried coconut and poppy seeds and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, sauté the bay leaf and chopped onion and fry it till golden.
- Add chicken pieces and fry it properly.
- Add coconut-poppy paste, ginger-garlic paste, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric-chili powder and salt & sugar to taste.
- Add little water and mix it properly.
- Add tamarind pulp, a cup of water and cook it until done.
- When the gravy becomes thick, sprinkle garam masala on top and remove from fire.
- Enjoy tasty chicken recipe.