Murgh Makai (Chicken with Corn)
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 medium sized capsicums
(washed and cut in diced)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup of fresh, chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup of mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and cut chicken breasts into one centimeter sized square pieces.
- Make tomato puree with washed tomatoes in a blender.
- Boil corn kernels with 3-4 cups of salted water till soft.
- Drain the the water and keep aside the boiled corns.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, sauté ginger-garlic paste and fry it.
- Add pureed tomato and stir fry on medium flame, stirring frequently.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry on medium heat for 5-6 min, stirring continuously.
- Mix yogurt, pre-boiled corn kernels, capsicum, sugar and salt to taste.
- Mix well in a low flame, cover and continue to stir fry till masala becomes a little thick and chicken
pieces are completely cooked.
- Add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves, mix gently.
- Serve hot with Plain