Mung Dal (Yellow Lentils)
- 150 gm Mung dal
- 1-2 dry red chilli
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoon ginger paste
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1-tablespoon mustard oil
- Heat the pan, add dal & fry it 4-5 min in low flame until lite brown.
- Then boil the dal in pressure cooker & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cumin seeds, dry chilli for sauté.
- Add ginger paste & then add pre-boiled dal.
- Add turmeric powder, salt & sugar to taste and cook it for few min.
- The mung dal is ready to serve with steamed plain