Mug-Chichinga (mung dal with snake gourd)
- 2-3 Chichinga
(snake gourd) (wash & cut into slices)
- 150 gm Mung dal
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 dried red chilli
- 1-teaspoon panch phoran
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 2-3 cups of water
- Fry the dal until light brown in a heated pan without oil and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the bay leaf, chilli and panch phoran.
- Give the chichinga slices and fry it well.
- When the chichinga becomes soft, add pre-fried dal & stir well.
- Add turmeric and water & cook it in a medium flame with cover.
- When the dal becomes soft and thick, add salt & sugar to taste and mix well.
- Serve it hot with Plain
rice, Begoon vaja and