Mochar Paturi (banana flower in mustard sauce)
Mocha is basically flower of banana.
- 500 gm Banana flower ( Remove the hard stalk and hard white style from the base of each flower. Cut each bunch very finely. Soak in
water over night with a teaspoon of turmeric powder)
- 2 cup of grated coconut
- 3 tablespoon of black mustard seed paste
- 2 teaspoon kalonji
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 200 gm mustard oil
- 2 banana leaves (cut in 6 square inch)
- Some toothpick
- Boil the chopped banana flower, drain the water properly and keep aside.
- Marinate the boiled banana flowers with kalonji, grated coconut, mustard paste,
turmeric-chilli powder, salt, sugar and 100 gm of mustard oil.
- Wash the banana leaves with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Divide the marinated banana flowers in 6 separate parts.
- Take a piece of banana leaf, place the marinated preparation centre of the leaf and
fold properly with toothpick.
- Boil the water in a pan, give all the folded preparation in it and cook for 10 min with cover.
- Then open the fold banana leaf and enjoy the dish with steaming plain