Mirchi ka Salan (Chili with tangy Gravy)
- 250 gm red capsicum (remove seeds and cut in big pieces)
- 100 gm onion
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon mustard paste
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 50 gm peanuts
- 2 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon whole black pepper
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 3-4 dried red chili
- Make a paste with all ingredients of salan paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the capsicum pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the mustard seeds, cloves and curry leaves.
- Add the salan paste and fry it well.
- Add tamarind pulp and 1/2 cup of water and cook it for a min.
- Add fried capsicum and salt to the gravy and cook properly.
- Cook it for 5 min in a slow flame with cover.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves on top.
- Now Mirchi ka Salan is ready to serve with Rumali roti.