Matar Paneer (dried peas & paneer curry)
- 200 gm Matar (dry peas) (soaked in water for overnight)
- 100 gm Paneer (cut into medium pieces)
- 100 gm chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1-tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1-teaspoon garam masala powder
- 100 gm mustard oil
Salt & sugar according to taste
- Before boiling the matar, rinse it properly.
- Boil it in a pressure cooker & keep aside. But do not drain the water.
- Medium fry the paneer cubes till brown and soak in water for 2 min .
- Heat the oil in a pan & sauté the bay leaf and add onion.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add powder spices (turmeric, chili, coriander, cumin) and chopped tomato.
- Add salt and sugar to taste & mix properly.
- When the gravy becomes thick add the pre-fried paneer cubes and cook it
for 2 min.
- Add pre-boiled matar and cooked it for 10 min.
- Then sprinkle the garam masala powder.
Matar-paneer is ready enjoy it with roti,
paratha, puri etc.