Masoor Dal (lentil)
- 150 gm Masoor dal (lentil)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4-5 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1-2 dry red chilli
- 1-teaspoon kalonji
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1-tablespoon mustard oil
- First wash the dal properly & boil in pressure cooker.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add kalonji, red chilli for sauté.
- Add onion and fry it until brown.
- Add pre-boiled dal & also add turmeric powder, salt & sugar to taste and mix well.
- Cook the dal 2-3 min in high flame.
- The dal is ready, serve it with plain steamed rice, shak-vaja, aloo-karela vaja.