Masala crab (Crab in thick gravy)
- 4 big size dressed Crab
- 2 potatoes (cut into big pieces)
- 3 onion (paste)
- 1-teaspoonfull ginger paste
- 1-teaspoonfull garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-teaspoonfull turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoonfull chilli powder
- 1-teaspoonfull cumin powder
- 1-teaspoonfull coriander powder
- 1-cup mustard oil
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 1-cup water
- 1-teaspoonfull garam-masala powder
- Boil the crab with a pinch of salt, drain the water & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the potato in low flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add bay leaf to sauté.
- Add onion paste and fry it properly until the paste become light brown.
- Add ginger, garlic paste and turmeric, cumin, coriander powder.
- Add chopped tomato, salt, sugar& 2-tablespoon water and mix well the masala.
- When the oil arises in the upper layer of the mixture, add pre-boiled crab and cook it for few min.
- Add pre-fried potato, water and cook it for 10 min with cover.
- When the gravy become thick, sprinkle the garam-masala powder & mix well.
- Enjoy the masala crab with steaming plain
rice or hot paratha.