Makai Masala (Corn curry with yogurt)
- 2 tender corn cobs
- 1 cup of plain curd
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 piece of ginger (size about 1 inch)
- 4 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt according to taste
- 3-4 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves
- Grind chillies and ginger together.
- Beat curd with 1 cup water till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Grate the corn finely.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil and add cumin seeds.
- When they stop popping add the corn and fry for 5 minutes, stir it continuosly.
- Add all the spices, salt and ginger paste.
- Mix well and then add the curds.
- Cook it for 20 min in a medium flame with cover.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves on top and serve with Roti.